Wednesday 2 March 2016

DIY All natural deodorant

After searching through the world of natural deodorant like a woman with no hope I finally discovered one that worked. A diy recipe I could make myself for not even a quarter of the price I was paying for store bought ones that didn't even work.

I've perfected this recipe over the years to be the perfect texture and not fall apart or melt and also so it works and doesn't stain my clothes, so I thought I'd share it with you!

I've really thought a lot about what goes into my deodorant recipe and every ingredient I've used has a reason to be in there and here's a little reason for each one...

I use coconut oil as its a natural anti fungal and antibacterial. The Shea butter moisturises the skin and gives the deodorant a nice texture that doesn't melt too much under hot climates. 
I add bicarbonate of soda as it works incredibly well at not just masking your 'natural scent' but neutralising any odour. The wax is there just to solidify the mixture further and it does wonders at preventing coconut oil stains on your clothing. 
Lavender essential oil is soothing, anti bacterial and provides pain relief for minor burns or skin irritation. Then finally tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and cleaner which can work wonders for your skin.
Ingredients:
3 tsp Coconut oil
Bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp Shea butter
1/2 tsp Vegan wax (I have some beeswax knocking round the house from my pre vegan days)
A few drops Lavender essential oil
A few drops Tea tree essential oil
Fragrance oil (optional)
Aluminium tin 
Ceramic/glass bowl
Spoon
Melt the coconut oil, Shea butter and wax in your bowl then spoon in your bicarbonate of soda and mix. Before the rest of the mixture cools throw in a few drops of your essential oils and your optional fragrance. 
Pour your mixture into your aluminium tin and once it's set your ready to start using it! I apply once a day on cold days but if you're being particularly active it will probably be better to apply twice a day as heavy perspiration can wash it off a little. 
If you use this recipe or have any suggestions for improvements let me know I'd love to hear how it's worked for you!

Tina
X


No comments:

Post a Comment