Tuesday 22 March 2016

PitRok Natural deodorant review

I like to mix up my deodorant brands as I find that the more I use one product my body seems to get used to it and it works less effectively. I've tried most natural deodorants out there. Some of them work great! Others, not so much. My main routine was changing between my all natural homemade deodorant recipe and my salt of the earth pure aura spray on Alum based deodorant. They seem to be the ones that work best for me. I'm someone who gets a little bored with routine though and as my salt of the earth spray was running low I was looking to try something Alum based but maybe something a little bit different.

This is why I was super excited about the brand PitRok sending me a couple of there products to review! The ones I received from their range were the PitRok crystal fragranced for women, roll on deodorant and the PitRok crystal natural deodorant stick!
The first one I gave a go with for a few days was the women's roll on deodorant. The packaging for this one was most like a standard kind of roll on deodorant which is great for those just starting to get into a more natural kind of care routine. It doesn't look to different from what the vast majority of people are using at school or the gym so you won't really draw as much attention to yourself than if your applying your deodorant from a block of crystal or a tin of homemade gunk. I know it doesn't really matter, but from a perspective of a shy teenage girl, looking like a bit of a hippy weirdo was one of my main concerns when moving into a natural care routine all those years ago.

The design is pretty nice as well which is a welcome change from the standard pink or purple colours most women's personal care products seem to be plastered with nowadays. This product is rather more fragranced and contains a few more ingredients than you'd expect in most natural products but I see this one as more of a transition product from your standard roll on deodorant. The information on the back of the packaging is also very transparent and explains exactly what is in the product, and more importantly, what they've chosen not to include. There is no Alluminium Chlorohydrate or Alluminium Zinconium which are the main ingredients which most people would like to avoid when switching to a more natural deodorant. There are also no parabens, SLS/SLES, Propylene Glycol or Silicones which is also an added plus and where a number of other 'natural' deodorants fail (I'm looking at you Forever Livving).

The directions are pretty standard when it comes to application. Make sure your underarms are freshly cleaned and apply. It's also to be noted that this product can also be applied to feet which is interesting (untried so far) but those of you who want to sort out whatever kind of Eco system your tootsies have started creating in your shoes at the end of a busy day should probably give this a try too!
I also really loved how the packaging acknowledges the use of fragrance and that is probably not going to be one of your best ideas to stick this on any broken skin.

Anyway enough about all of that. It sounds pretty good but does it actually work? I'm pleased to say that for me it did! With all Alum based deodorants though it is imperative that you give your body a chance to 'detox' a little from standard pore and lymph node blocking deodorants before expecting this to work for you. This should probably only take around a week really. In my experience the way I moved to alum deodorants was to start with my homemade deodorant for a while as my underarms were figuring out why they were allowed to breath again and just make sure you clean those pits a couple of times a day to remove bacteria build up. It's also probably not the best idea to be exerting too much energy as you will be a bit stinkier than usual as your body is working stuff out. But once that's done you're probably ready to move to the wonderful world of Alum!

I work in a job that when I'm not writing, I'm out and about on my feet most of the day talking to people. So it's pretty important for me not to be stinky when hanging out with quite a few members of the public. This worked great and I even had a couple of people comment on how they liked my perfume when all I had on with any fragrance at all was this bad boy. To be honest I was relieved with that compliment as it was day one of trying this and although I didn't think I smelt it was nice to get that reassurance from others around me too that my new deodorant change wasn't causing any offended noses. I did find though that after returning home after a busy 14 hour day a shower and change of clothes was probably required. 
The next day though I brought my little deo along with me and one reapplication in the middle of my day kept me smelling totally fresh until I made it home. I kept this going for the rest of the week and I do have to say that this little package is now in my current care routine possibly for good!

The PitRok natural deodorant stick works much in the same way to the roll on deodorant except it only contains one ingredient. Just one big block of Alum! I was particularly interested in this product as its so simple and also has a use in my current shaving routine to help close my pores after shaving and help stop any nicks and cuts I might cause from not paying as much attention or care shaving as I should have. This is also pretty important right now as I'm entering the terrifying world of mastering the straight edge razor.
I am obsessed with the simplicity of this product and the really useful packaging. As you use the product rather than tipping the stone out of the container and getting germy hands all over it there is a push button on the base which allows more of the product to be released. This is also great for my slippy hands and clumsy nature as it prevents the problem of dropping the stone on the floor and watching it shatter into a million pieces. (This seems to be a relatively common problem with Alum stone users online and a quick googling will show this).

Overall I'm extremely happy with both of these items. Thank you PitRok for letting me try these great products! Once these are gone I can't wait to see what the rest of the range has to offer!
Tina
X


1 comment:

  1. This stuff is by far the best natural deodorant I've bought. It stops you from smelling all day long! I wet the top w my fingers just a bit and put on after shower while still wet.

    Zia
    You won't believe this Mesothelioma Lawyer Orange

    ReplyDelete