Wednesday 2 March 2016

Vegan swaps lip balms

I went out today with the intention of finding a replacement for my Burts bees lip balm as I'm running low, well, low in my opinion (I still have one left). Although Burts bees prides itself on being natural and even offering a lip balm recycle scheme I just didn't feel comfortable buying products containing beeswax anymore.
As a side note, I do still have a little beeswax left which I use for my natural beauty products, but as soon as that runs out I'm going to buy a vegan alternative. I don't believe that you should just throw an item away if you find out it contains an animal product or has been tested on animals. The way I see it is that the damage has already been done and you can either waste the item or use it until finished and then learn from it.
I found the best alternative brand while I was out which I'd never heard of before so I thought I'd share them with you. It's the brand Oilology which I discovered in TKMaxx which is a supprizing treasure trove for natural beauty alternatives if you keep your eyes peeled. It's also a great place for glass jars too!
These lip balms came in a pack of three too and the price was only £3. So not only am I helping the poor little bees out now, I'm also making huge savings considering each one of these is double the size of a Burts bees lip balm and it's cheaper for me to buy 3 of these than it is to buy one Burts bees lip balm!

The type of balm I chose was the Argan oil citrus flavour which I wasn't overly looking forward to as citrus is never really my first choice of anything. However I was pleasantly surprised! It tasted like a light mango and never turned my lips white or made them feel greasy which was a concern considering how oil based this product was.
The main ingredients list is; vegetable oil, soybean oil, coconut oil, Shea butter, candelilla wax, apricot kernel oil, jojoba seed oil, Argan oil, avacado oil and vitamin c. This is natural enough and an incredible alternative for me!
Tina
X

No comments:

Post a Comment