Tuesday 15 March 2016

Elephant Box

Plastic isn't the best material. It's porous which means not only is it a possible breeding ground for bacteria, some levels of chemicals can even leach into the food your storing in there. It's also not great for the environment. Plastic never really biodegrades  which is pretty terrible for the environment. 
It was definatley time to get myself a lunchbox that was a lot healthier, better for the environment and lasts for years. Bringing a packed lunch also greatly reduces the amount of waste in packaging you'd normally use buying lunch every day.
This is where the company elephant box come in. They have a great ethos about being Eco friendly and even reading about them impressed me greatly.
Elephant box say, "At Elephant box we believe in making things to last. It's better for the environment and it makes people happy too. This box is made out of stainless steel which, unlike plastic, need never end up in a landfill." That sounds good to me so that's why I couldn't wait for my elephant box to arrive in the post.
The tin itself is 2 litres which is huge particularly in comparison to many other stainless steel lunch boxes on the market. And the clips on each side of the box keep it pretty air tight which is also great. It holds up really well in my handbag too and doesn't open or spill while I'm going about my daily business which was my main worry.
To be honest I can't really fault this item. It's light but also very strong and sturdy and is the perfect addition to my kitchen. And look at the cute little elephant logo on the top of the box! I can't wait to buy myself a couple more for extra food storage in my fridge.
The elephant box is priced at £25.99 and available at elephantbox.co.uk
Thanks,
Tina
X


No comments:

Post a Comment